Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Oh Christmas Eve.......

Wow! The time has just flown by but I wanted to post on what a fun Christmas eve we had.
The afternoon began with hot and cold flashes...Let me explain. My family loves going to Crystal Hot Springs in Honeyville, UT and we ventured over there Christmas Eve. They have these HOT, HOT, HOT Springs that are so nice to sit in on a cold wintery day. While enjoying the springs, my brother suggested going on the waterslide.
So we began our sojourn to the top of the water slide, barefoot mind you, walking over ice, salt (which was put down to melt the ice), and was accompanied by a breeze trying to kill us all.
Step after step, we went up the icicle clad stairs until finally we were all screaming at each other to go down the slide (OK, so it was just me screaming). IT WAS FREAKING COLD!!!!!!!!!! We all screamed the whole way down.

GUESS WHAT!!! WE DID IT MULTIPLES TIMES. YES, WE ARE OFFICIALLY CRAZY!!
Just a note, do not jump into the Hot Springs after going down a cold water slide. Slowly acclimate yourself.
We finished off our adventure at the hot springs with Big Stick Popsicles in the middle of winter.
YUMMY!!

I wish we had pictures, but alas we don't so enjoy some of the wonderful pictures from that evening.


Every year my family acts out the Nativity Scene, so here is the annual picture.

Grandma Grover spent the evening with us and enjoyed every moment.
Adam and I took a picture with the pajama gang.
What a fun day and night!

1 comment:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Your Christmas Eve adventure was so non-traditional and made me laugh! What a blast! How fun! The pictures of the family are absolutely adorable!